A guest room is one of the most important spaces in your home. It’s where you can impress visitors with a stylish space and aesthetics an abundance of amenities. But, if your guest room has seen better days, it may be time for a makeover. Fortunately, painting is an inexpensive way to transform a room into something fresh and new! In this guide we’ll show you how to go from drab to fab with just a few simple steps.
Remove the furniture from the room.
- Remove the furniture from the room.
- If you can’t remove all of it, move it to a different room and cover with drop cloths or sheets. You want to be able to paint the room in its entirety without worrying about damaging anything or getting paint on anything that shouldn’t have paint on it.
Sand down any old wall paint, then prime and paint all walls.
- Sand down any old wall paint, then prime and paint all walls.
- Use a sanding sponge to remove any peeling or chipped paint from the walls. You can also use a plastic scraper if you have one.
- Wear protective gear–a mask and safety goggles–when sanding or scraping old paint off your bedroom walls.
- Use brushes to apply primer in thin layers until all of the bare spots are covered up. Make sure you’re using high-quality acrylic latex primer; this will make sure that your new coat of paint sticks well! Rollers work best for applying the actual color coat when painting furniture pieces such as dressers or nightstands, but for larger surfaces like walls we recommend using an angled brush dipped in water so that it doesn’t drip onto nearby surfaces while working on large areas at once (like an entire wall).
Apply baseboards and doors if necessary.
If you’re painting a door, make sure you have a coat of primer on it before you begin. This will help prevent chipping and peeling later on.
If your room has baseboards, they should be painted to match the walls. If necessary, remove them and paint them before putting them back up (or hire someone else to do this).
Paint furniture and accessories.
When it comes to painting furniture, there are many ways to go about it. You can use a paintbrush, roller or sprayer–the choice really depends on how much time you have and what kind of finish you want. For example, if you are looking for an even coverage with minimal brush strokes then using a roller would be ideal. However, if you want more control over the finish then using a brush might be better suited for your needs.
Whatever method you decide on using will ultimately depend on what type of surface(s) need painting; whether they’re wood or metal; their original color; etc..
Replace lighting fixtures with new ones.
To make the room more inviting and cozy, replace the existing lighting fixtures with new ones. You can choose from a wide range of options in terms of shape, size and color. The key is to find something that complements your bedroom design while adding an extra touch of style and beauty to it.
To install new lighting fixtures:
- Make sure that you have all the tools needed for installation (screwdriver, wire strippers etc.). If not, purchase them at your local hardware store before getting started on this project!
- Remove old bulbs from sockets by unscrewing them counterclockwise until they come free from their holders or sockets; keep these old bulbs as spares just in case one goes out while installing new ones later on down below…or even better yet – recycle them by giving them away online somewhere like Freecycle where someone else might need them instead 🙂
Create a welcoming space with pillows, blankets, and artwork.
- Choose a color scheme.
- Add pillows and blankets to the bed, couch, or chair.
- Use artwork that is welcoming.
Painting your guest room can be an easy way to give your home a fresh new look!
Painting your guest room can be an easy way to give your home a fresh new look! This is especially true if you have a spare room that’s not being used for anything right now. Painting is a quick way to update the space without having to spend too much money or time on other renovations.
The best part about painting is that it can be done in one day, so even if you don’t feel like doing any other work on the house, this project will still make an impact in no time at all! And if you’re feeling extra ambitious (or just want some company), consider inviting friends or family members over for some good old-fashioned DIY fun! We promise–you’ll love how the finished product looks when it’s all said and done!
If you’re looking for a way to give your home a fresh new look, painting is one of the easiest and most affordable options out there. It can be as simple or elaborate as you want it to be–and if you have an extra guest room that needs some color in its life, this is an ideal project! We hope these tips have helped give you some inspiration on how to paint your own guest bedroom.